Butternut Squash & Mushroom Lasagna
A Ted Allen recipe
- Recipe serves: 6
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 1 hr 5 min
- Stand Time 15 min
- 2 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® All Purpose Sticks, divided
- 2 1/2 cups finely chopped butternut squash, (about 1 small squash), parboiled
- 1 lb. assorted wild mushrooms, (such as crimini, portabella, or shitake), stems removed, sliced
- 1 medium leek, white and light green parts only, sliced lengthwise, rinsed, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 12 no boil lasagna noodles
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Coat 13 x 9-in. baking dish with no-stick cooking spray. Melt 1 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® All Purpose Sticks in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add squash, mushrooms, leek, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender and most of mushroom liquid has evaporated, about 8 minutes. Remove to bowl; set aside.
- Melt remaining 1 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® All Purpose Sticks in same skillet over medium heat. Add flour and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Whisk in milk and nutmeg; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add ricotta, 1/4 cup Parmesan, and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt and 3/4 tsp. pepper to sauce. Pour 1/2 cup into prepared pan; top with 4 noodles and another 1/2 cup sauce. Top with 1/2 of the vegetable mixture, 4 noodles, 1/2 cup sauce, remaining vegetable mixture, remaining noodles and sauce. Top with remaining Parmesan.
- Cover lasagna with foil. Bake 55 minutes; uncover and bake until golden brown and noodles are tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Tip: For even more flavor, add a couple cloves of chopped garlic to the leeks, or add 3 Tbsp. chopped parsley to the ricotta mixture. If you prefer to use regular lasagna noodles instead of no boil, you still don't need to boil, just add another 1/2 cup milk to total 3 1/2 cups.
|Serving Size||6 servings|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||110|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||75 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
|Vitamin A||140 IU|
|Vitamin C||25 mg|