Recipe serves: 6
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||8 min|
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||120|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin A||45 %|
|Vitamin C||100 %|
Hearty Veggie Frittata
This simple veggie frittata recipe can be made with any variety of veggies you have on hand.
- 5 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread, divided
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 cups sliced assorted fresh vegetables(zucchini, onions and/or red peppers)
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning*, crushed
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup shredded low fat cheddar cheese, divided
- Melt 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in large oven-proof nonstick skillet** over medium heat and cook garlic, vegetables, and Italian seasoning, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat remaining 2 tablespoons Spread, melted, eggs and 3 tablespoons water with a wire whisk until foamy, about 1 minute. Stir 1/2 cup cheese into egg mixture
- Reduce heat to low and stir in egg mixture. Lift set edges of frittata with spatula, tilting pan to allow uncooked mixture to flow to bottom. Cook until almost set. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese, then broil 2 minutes or until golden brown and eggs are set.
- *Create your own by combining equal amounts dried parsley, dried oregano, and dried basil. **If oven-proof skillet is not available, before broiling, thoroughly wrap handle of skillet with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- TIP: Also makes a great sandwich. Just slice into wedges and serve on whole grain bread! Cost per recipe*: $7.16 Cost per serving*: $1.19 *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.