Recipe serves: 6
|Prep Time||20 min|
|Cook Time||40 min|
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||120|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin A||25 %|
|Vitamin C||100 %|
California Cauliflower Breakfast Pizza
- 3 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread, divided
- 2 bags (12 oz. ea.) frozen cauliflower florets, cooked according to package directions
- 4 eggs, divided
- 1 cup low fat mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 2 cups sliced assorted vegetables, such as peppers, onions and mushrooms
- 4 slices turkey bacon, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. thinly sliced fresh basil leaves(optional)
- Preheat oven 450°
- Spread 1 tablespoon I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread on large baking sheet.*
- In a food processor, process cauliflower until consistency of rice. Remove from food processor, strain and squeeze excess water.
- Combine strained cauliflower with 1 egg, 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese and Italian seasoning. Pat into a 12-inch circle on baking sheet. Bake on the middle rack, 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon Spread in a non-stick pan over medium high heat. Add vegetables and turkey bacon. Cook until vegetables are tender and bacon is crisp; remove and set aside.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon Spread in skillet and scramble the 3 remaining eggs.
- Top cooked "crust" with cooked vegetables, bacon, scrambled eggs and remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Broil until golden brown. Sprinkle with basil just before serving.
- Tip: For a quick clean up, line baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Cost per recipe*: $3.88 Cost per serving*: $.64 *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.