Makes 4 dozen
|Prep Time||30 min|
|Cook Time||15 min|
|Chill Time||60 min|
|Serving Size 1 cookie|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||60|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Vitamin A||6 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
- 2 sticks I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® All Purpose Sticks
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup walnuts, ground
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves [or raspberry preserves]
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with 1 tsp. water
- Beat I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® All Purpose Sticks and cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer until well blended, about 2 minutes. Beat in 1/4 cup granulated sugar until blended. Gradually beat in flour on low speed until blended. Divide dough into 4 pieces. Wrap each in plastic wrap and chill 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine walnuts, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl. Combine remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in small bowl; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Remove dough from plastic wrap and roll each piece on floured surface with lightly floured rolling pin into a 9-inch circle. Spread each with 2 tablespoons preserves. Sprinkle each with 1/2 cup nut mixture and press gently to adhere. Cut dough into 12 wedges, cutting the whole circle into quarters, then each quarter into thirds. Starting from the wide end, roll up each wedge. Place with points tucked under on prepared baking sheets. Chill 20 minutes.
- Brush cookies with egg mixture. Sprinkle liberally with cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on parchment paper on wire rack.