Chocolate Layer Cake
- Recipe serves: 12
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 30 min
- Chill Time 30 min
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream or whipping cream
- 1 package (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- For CAKE, preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour bottoms of two 9-inch round cake pans; set aside. Microwave chocolate and water in medium microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 minute; stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder and baking soda in medium bowl; set aside. Beat I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread with sugar in large bowl with electric mixer 1 minute. Beat in sour cream until light and creamy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Alternately beat in flour mixture and chocolate mixture until blended. Evenly spread into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on wire rack; remove from pans and cool completely.
- While cake bakes, make FROSTING. Microwave cream in medium microwave-safe bowl until simmering. Add chips; let stand 5 minutes then stir until smooth. Let stand at room temperature until cool.
- Beat frosting in large bowl with electric mixer until thickened. Spread top of one cake layer with 1/3 of the frosting. Top with second cake layer, then frost sides and top of cake.
|Serving Size||12 servings||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||12 servings|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||-1|
|Total Fat||-1 g|
|Saturated Fat||-1 g|
|Trans Fat||-1 g|
|Total Carbs||-1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||-1 g|
|Vitamin C||-1 mg|
|Vitamin A||-1 IU|