Grilled Cilantro Dijon Shrimp with Buttery Glaze
- Recipe serves: 6
- Prep Time 20 min
- Marinate for 1 hr
- Cook Time 4 min
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves and stems, coarsely chopped, (plus additional for garnish if desired)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. grated lime peel
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 3/4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/16 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 lbs. uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 (12-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in water at least 30 minutes prior to use
- 2 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Combine cilantro, lime juice, oil, lemon juice, grated peels, mustard, garlic and pepper flakes in blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste, if desired. Pour ¼ cup marinade over shrimp; stir to coat evenly, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. Reserve remaining marinade.
- Coat grill or grill pan with nonstick cooking spray and preheat. Skewer the shrimp. For GLAZE, combine I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread and honey in small saucepan and cook over low heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until Spread melts. Add 2 tablespoons of the reserved marinade and stir to combine.
- Once the grill is hot, cook the shrimp for 1 to 2 minutes, then turn and spoon over some of the glaze (or brush with a heat-proof kitchen brush), and cook for 1 to 2 minutes on the other side until shrimp turn pink. Place the shrimp on a platter and baste with additional glaze to your liking. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro, if desired.
Serve over steamed kale or with Mexican rice if desired.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||50|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Vitamin C||6 %|
|Vitamin A||10 %|