Chocolate Banana Bread
- Recipe serves: 14
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 1 hr
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed, (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Brush 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with additional I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread; set aside.
- Combine mashed bananas, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl with wooden spoon. Stir in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes on wire rack; remove from pan and cool completely. Top with Chocolate Glaze*, if desired.
*Chocolate Glaze: Combine 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar and 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder. Stir in 2 Tbsp. warm water and 1 Tbsp. melted I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread and stir until smooth.
TIP: To ripen bananas quickly, put unpeeled bananas on baking sheet and bake at 350° 15 to 20 minutes or until skins have blackened. Slice skins open and scoop out banana.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||100|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbs||40 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin C||4 %|
|Vitamin A||15 %|