It's Vegan! Grilled Faux Cheese Grown-Up
We use all vegan ingredients to make this delicious vegan recipe.
- Recipe serves: 6
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 5 min
- 6 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® It's Vegan, divided
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 package (12 to 14 oz.) firm tofu, drained, patted dry and cut into 6 slices
- 1 Tbsp. pine nuts
- 1 cup arugula
- 12 slices gluten-free bread
- Melt 2 tablespoons I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® It’s Vegan in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, until softened and light golden, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Stir in pine nuts; remove from skillet and set aside. Wipe skillet clean.
- Spread one side of each bread slice with 1 teaspoon ICB-Vegan Spread. Put 6 slices Spread sides down on work surface. Evenly top with onion mixture, tofu and arugula, then remaining bread slices Spread sides up.
- Cook sandwiches, in batches, in same skillet over medium heat, turning once, until golden, about 5 minutes.
Tip: Substitute 6 tablespoons goat cheese or hummus as an alternative to tofu.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||120|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbs||34 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin D||0 %|
|Vitamin C||15 %|
|Vitamin A||10 %|