- Recipe serves 12 servings
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 40 min
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted if desired
- 2/3 cup coarsely crushed gingersnap cookies or amaretti cookies, (about 2-1/3 oz.)
- 1/4 cup I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Original Spread
- 6 large ripe peaches or nectarines, halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or white grape juice
- 1/2 cup water
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine 1/4 cup brown sugar, almonds, crushed cookies and I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Spread in medium bowl; set aside.
Arrange peach halves cut-side up in 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Spoon 2 rounded tablespoons almond mixture in center of each peach; set aside.
Combine remaining brown sugar with remaining ingredients and pour over and around peaches in small bowl.
Bake uncovered, basting occasionally, 40 minutes or until peaches are very tender. Serve warm or at room temperature.