- Makes 32 appetizers
- Prep Time 30 min
- Cook Time 15 min
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Original Spread
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 32 slices French bread
- 1/4 cup I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Original Spread
- 16 ounces Brie cheese, cut in 32 pieces
For Chutney, in small bowl, combine orange juice, water, brown sugar, vinegar, cinnamon, salt and pepper; set aside.
Melt 2 teaspoons I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Spread in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots, jalapeno and garlic and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until shallots are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in apples and orange juice mixture and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
For Toasts, preheat broiler. Spread bread with 1/4 cup I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Spread and place on baking sheet. Broil until golden. Remove from oven and top with each piece with piece of Brie. Broil, watching closely, until cheese begins to melt, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Top each with about 1 tablespoon Chutney. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.