- Makes 3 dozen
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 20 min
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® All Purpose Sticks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped candied or crystallized ginger
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar, for coating
- 1/4 cup candied or crystallized ginger, for coating
Preheat oven to 375°. Grease baking sheets; set aside.
Combine flour, baking soda, ginger and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
Beat I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® All Purpose Sticks, 2/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy in large bowl with electric mixer about 5 minutes. Beat in egg, 1 tablespoon candied ginger and vanilla. Beat in flour mixture just until blended.
For Coating: Combine remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar and remaining 1/4 cup candied ginger in shallow dish. Shape dough into 1-1/4-inch balls, then roll in sugar mixture. Arrange balls on prepared baking sheets. Flatten each cookie slightly with flat bottom of a glass.
Bake 10 minutes or until lightly golden around edges. Cool 2 minutes on wire rack; remove from sheets and cool completely.