Chicken & Sage Risotto
- Recipe serves: 4
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 35 min
- 4 cups fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® made with Olive Oil Spread
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups cut-up cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. fresh sage leaves or 1/2 tsp. dried sage
- Heat broth in 2-quart saucepan over high heat just to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® made with Olive Oil Spread in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat and cook onion and yellow pepper, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until tender. Add rice and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. Stir in hot broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes or until almost all liquid is absorbed and rice is creamy and tender. Stir in chicken and cook covered, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in cheese, sage and remaining 1 tablespoons Mediterranean Blend. Serve immediately and sprinkle, if desired, with additional grated Parmesan cheese.
Cost per recipe*: $12.50.
Cost per serving*: $3.13.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||110|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||48 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin C||110 %|
|Vitamin A||10 %|