Grilled Spanish Skirt Steak with Salsa Picante
- Recipe serves: 4
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 10 min
- 1/4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® made with Olive Oil Spread
- 2 medium shallots or small onions, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups beef broth
- 2 Tbsp. small capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or whipping cream (optional)
- 1 lb. skirt steak, grilled to desired doneness and sliced
- I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® made with Olive Oil Spread made with Olive Oil Spread in medium saucepan over medium-high heat and cook shallots, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Stir in vinegar and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Stir in flour, salt and black pepper and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Stir in broth with wire whisk. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in capers and parsley, then cream; heat through. Serve with steak.
Cost per recipe*: $11.81.
Cost per serving*: $2.95.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||210|
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Vitamin C||6 %|
|Vitamin A||20 %|