Buttery Herb Roast Turkey
- Recipe serves: 16
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 2 hr 45 min
- Stand Time 20 min
- 2 stalks celery, cut in 3-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, cut in 3-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 10 -lb. turkey, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425°. Arrange celery, carrots and onion in bottom of large roasting pan; set aside.
- Season turkey, if desired, with salt and black pepper; set aside.
- Combine I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread, thyme, garlic and lemon juice in small bowl. Starting near cavity opening, gently loosen the turkey skin. Spread 1/2 of the spread mixture under the skin over the breast and legs and thighs, then spread the remaining mixture over the outside of the turkey. Set turkey on top of the vegetables in roasting pan.
- Bake 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375° and loosely tent with aluminum foil. Bake an additional 2-1/2 hours or until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reaches 180°.
- Remove turkey to serving platter and cover with foil. Let stand 20 minutes before serving.
TIP: Store leftover turkey 3 -4 days in refrigerator or 3-4 months in freezer.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||-1|
|Total Fat||-1 g|
|Saturated Fat||-1 g|
|Trans Fat||-1 g|
|Total Carbs||-1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||-1 g|
|Vitamin C||-1 mg|
|Vitamin A||-1 IU|