Italian Skillet Eggs
If you need new easy breakfast ideas, this saucy and savory egg skillet recipe will hit the spot.
- Recipe serves: 6
- Prep Time 5 min
- Cook Time 12 min
- 2 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 6 ounces baby spinach leaves (about 6 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded low fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp. thinly sliced fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Melt I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in large skillet over medium heat and cook mushrooms, sitrring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in spinach, cook unitl wilted, about 1 minute.
- Stir sauce into skillet; heat through. Carefully break eggs into skillet, evenly spaced. Do Not Stir. Cover and cook over medium heat until egg whites have set and yolks reached desired doneness.
- Sprinkle with cheese and basil before serving.
Cost per recipe*: $7.24
Cost per serving*: $1.20
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||80|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin C||8 %|
|Vitamin A||30 %|