It's Vegan! Cream of Potato Florentine Soup
We use all vegan ingredients to make this delicious vegan recipe.
- Recipe serves: 8
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 30 min
- 1/2 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® It's Vegan
- 1 medium leek, (white and light green part only), thinly sliced, (about 1 cup) (or 1 medium onion, sliced)
- 2 small cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 lbs. all-purpose potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 8 cups low-sodium vegetable broth or water
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups torn baby spinach leaves
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- Melt I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® It’s Vegan in large saucepan over medium-high heat and cook leeks, stirring occasionally, until leeks begin to soften, about 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in potatoes, broth and salt bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and cook covered, stirring occasionally , until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Process in blender in 2 batches until smooth. Stir in spinach and thyme. Season, if desired, with salt and pepper.
Tip: For quick homemade gluten free croutons, melt 3 tablespoons ICB Vegan Spread in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook 2 cups cubed gluten free whole grain bread, stirring frequently, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Serve over soup.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||60|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbs||39 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin D||0 %|
|Vitamin C||30 %|
|Vitamin A||35 %|