Coconut Ginger Banana Bread
- Recipe serves: 14
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 1 hr
- 3 large ripe bananas*, mashed, (1-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® with Coconut Oil or I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup toasted sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Brush 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with additional I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® with Coconut Oil; set aside.
- Combine mashed banana ,I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® with Coconut Oil, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl with wooden spoon. Stir in remaining ingredients and spoon into prepared pan*.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes on wire rack; remove from pan and cool completely.
*To ripen bananas quickly, bake unpeeled bananas on baking sheet at 350°, about 15 minutes or until skins have blackened. Slice skins open and scoop out banana.
Tip: To make mini loaves, prepare recipe as directed above dividing batter evenly between 3 (approximately 5-3/4 x 3-in. ea.) mini loaf pans and bake 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
Tip: For a delicious Lime Glaze, combine 1-1/2 cups confectioners sugar, 1 Tbsp. melted I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® with Coconut Oil , 4 to 5 tsp. warm water and 1 tsp. grated lime peel in small bowl. Spread over top of cooled banana bread.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbs||37 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg|