A restaurant favorite you can easily make at home in less than 30 minutes.
- Recipe serves: 4
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 18 min
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1-1/4 lbs.), pounded thin
- 3 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 thin slices lemon
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in shallow dish. Dip chicken in flour mixture, coating well.
- Melt 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat and cook chicken in two batches until chicken is thoroughly cooked, turning once. Remove chicken to serving platter and keep warm.
- Add broth and lemon slices to same skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat, scraping up brown bits from bottom of pan. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon Spread until melted. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish, if desired, with parsley.
Cost per recipe*: $7.16
Cost per serving*: $1.79
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
For Veal Piccata, simply use 1 lb. thin veal cutlets instead of chicken.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||80|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Vitamin C||8 %|
|Vitamin A||8 %|