- Recipe serves 6 servings
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 10 min
- 4 Tbsp. I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Olive Oil Spread”
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/4 cup very thinly fresh basil leaves
Microwave 3 tablespoons I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® made with Olive Oil Spread in small microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 30 seconds or until melted. Evenly brush onto both sides of eggplant slices. Grill or broil, turning frequently, until tender; cool.
Meanwhile, bring vinegar, onion and garlic to a boil in 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Cool slightly, then stir in remaining 1 tablespoon Spread. Cool to room temperature.
Alternately layer eggplant, tomatoes and mozzarella on serving platter. Top with basil, then drizzle with balsamic reduction.