- Makes 16 mushrooms
- Prep Time 25 min
- Cook Time 35 min
- 16 large white button mushrooms (about 1-1/2 lbs.)
- 2 Tbsp. I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® All Purpose Sticks
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 8 ounces turkey or pork sausage links, removed from casings
- 1 slice whole grain bread, torn into very small pieces
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley
Preheat oven to 375°. Remove and finely chop mushroom stems; reserve 1 cup.
Melt I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® All Purpose Sticks in large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook red pepper, onion and reserved mushroom stems, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until tender. Add sausage and cook, stirring occasionally breaking up sausage, until done, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, then stir in remaining ingredients.
Arrange mushroom caps on baking sheet; evenly stuff with sausage mixture. Bake 25 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.