- Recipe serves 12 servings
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 10 min
- Chill Time 1 hr 30 min
- 7 Tbsp. I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Original Spread
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 1 package (8 oz.) PLUS 1 package (3 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- Assorted crackers or toasted bread slices
Line 2-cup shallow-rimmed soup bowl with plastic wrap allowing excess to overhang 2-inches over sides.
Melt 1 tablespoon I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Spread in 8-inch skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, until golden. Process onion mixture and tomatoes in food processor or blender until finely chopped. Evenly spread into prepared bowl; set aside.
Wipe out food processor. Process cream cheese, remaining 6 tablespoons Spread, Parmesan cheese and pepper in food processor until smooth. Evenly spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture over the sun-dried tomato mixture, being careful not to lift the tomato layer. Gently spread pesto over cheese, then spread on remaining cheese mixture. Cover top with overhanging plastic and chill 1-1/2 hours or until firm.
Open plastic wrap and unmold torta onto serving platter; remove plastic wrap. Garnish, if desired, with fresh basil. Serve with crackers.