- Makes 24 appetizers
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 1 hr 5 min
- 1 loaf (12 in.) Italian bread, cut into 1/2-in. slices
- 1/2 cup I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Olive Oil Spread”
- 1 large eggplant (about 2-lbs.), peeled and diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Kalamata olives
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. small capers
Preheat oven to 400°.
Brush both sides of bread with 1/4 cup I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® made with Olive Oil Spread. Arrange bread on baking sheet. Bake 5 minutes or until slightly toasted; set aside. Decrease oven to 350°.
Combine eggplant, red pepper, onion, garlic and remaining 1/4 cup Mediterranean Blend in large roasting pan or bottom of broiler pan; toss to coat. Roast, stirring once, 45 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
Meanwhile, combine olives, tomato paste, vinegar and capers in small bowl. Stir into vegetables. Bake 15 minutes. Season, if desired, with salt and pepper. Cool to room temperature. Serve on bread and garnish, if desired, with chopped fresh parsley.