- Recipe serves 8 servings
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 30 min
- 8 ounces lean Italian turkey sausage, removed from casings and crumbled
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Original Spread
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp. fresh sage leaves or 1/2 tsp dried rubbed sage
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup shredded low fat cheddar cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 8 x 11-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
Cook sausage with onion, garlic and red bell pepper in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat stirring occasionally, until sausage is golden and vegetables are tendar, about 5 minutes.
Combine milk and egg in medium bowl with wire whisk. Stir in sausage mixture, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Spread, oats, sage, baking powdera and 1/2 cup cheese. Turn into prepared baking pan, then top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Bake 30 minutes or until oats are tender and liquid is absorbed.