- Recipe serves 6 servings
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 20 min
- 1 loaf French bread (about 12-in. long), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 6 Tbsp. I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Olive Oil Spread”
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium shallot or onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 1/2 lbs. mussels, well scrubbed
- 1 lb. uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley leaves
Preheat oven to 400°.
Evenly brush both sides of bread slices with 3 tablespoons melted I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter® made with Olive Oil Spread. Arrange bread slices on baking sheet. Bake 5 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cut 1 clove garlic in half and rub on bread; set aside.
Meanwhile, finely chop remaining clove garlic. Melt 1 tablespoon Mediterranean Blend in deep 12-inch skillet over medium heat and cook shallot, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in chopped garlic and thyme and cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Add wine. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add mussels and shrimp and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and mussel shells open. Discard any unopened shells. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons Mediterranean Blend and parsley. Serve with Garlic Crostini and, if desired, over hot cooked pasta.