- Recipe serves 11 servings
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 4 hr 30 min
- 1/2 cup I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Original Spread
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 2 lbs. boneless beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup beer or water
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes , undrained
- 2 cans (15 oz. ea.) black beans or cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
Melt 1/4 cup I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Spread in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring frequently, until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute. Turn into slow cooker.
Combine flour and chili powders in large bowl. Add beef and toss to coat.
Melt 2 tablespoons Spread in same skillet and brown 1/2 of the beef, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Turn into slow cooker. Repeat with remaining Spread and beef. Pour beer into skillet and bring to a boil. Boil 2 minutes, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of skillet. Pour into slow cooker.
Stir remaining ingredients into slow cooker. Cook covered at HIGH 4 hours or until beef is tender.
Serve, if desired, with your favorite chili toppings, such as shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, sliced green onions and tortilla chips.