- Recipe Serves 4-6 servings
- Prep Time 5 mins
- Cook Time 10 mins
- 16 oz. spaghetti pasta
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 5 tbsp. I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Original Spread
- 3 tbsp. fresh parsley (chopped)
- 3 tbsp. fresh basil (chopped)
- 1-pint yellow/red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
Gather the ingredients.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. For one pound of pasta, you should use 4 to 5 quarts of water. Add salt.
Add the linguine or spaghetti and stir. Turn on the timer to 2 minutes less than the package directions state. You don't want to overcook the pasta, and it's best to start testing the pasta before it’s done.
When the timer goes off, taste a strand. It should be tender, but not mushy, with some resistance in the center.
Remove 1/3 cup of pasta water and set aside.
Drain the pasta into a colander placed in the sink.
Return the pasta to the hot pot.
Add I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!®, cherry tomatoes, parsley, and basil, and toss with tongs. Add some of the pasta cooking water if you think it necessary.
Toss over low heat for a minute or two, and garnish with fresh basil. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Serve immediately and enjoy!