- Recipe serves 4 servings
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 20 min
- 1/4 cup I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Original Spread
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or pancake syrup
- 3 large apples, cored, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup original pancake and waffle mix or 1 container (16 oz.) frozen pancake batter, thawed
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger (optional)
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
Melt I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Spread in 12-inch nonstick skillet and cook sugar, 1/2 cup apple juice, syrup and apples over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until apples are tender.
Meanwhile, prepare pancake mix according to package directions, blending in 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, vanilla and ginger. Cook pancakes in another 12-inch nonstick skillet or on griddle, turning once, until done.
Blend remaining 1/4 cup apple juice, cornstarch and remaining 1/4 tsp. cinnamon in small bowl with wire whisk. Add to apples and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil, stirring occasionally, 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with pancakes topped with the Spread and pancake syrup.