- Makes 12 cakes
- Prep Time 25 min
- Cook Time 10 min
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes or or yams
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 egg
- 1/2 lb. cooked shrimp
- 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped jalapeno pepper or serrano chili pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp. I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Olive Oil Spread”
Combine potatoes, red pepper, onion and cilantro in medium bowl. Stir in egg, shrimp, bread crumbs, jalapeno pepper and salt; shape into 12 patties.
Melt 3 tablespoons I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® made with Olive Oil Spread in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook 6 patties, turning once, 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Repeat with remaining Spread and shrimp cakes.