- Recipe serves 4 servings
- Cook Time 22-29 min
- 1/2 pound whole wheat
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Vegan Spread
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, plus more for garnish
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2/3 cup (good quality) vodka
- 1/2 cup cashew milk
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated nut “cheese” (or Parmesan cheese for non-vegan) plus more for garnish salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves
Influencer: Spoon Fork Bacon
Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add a small handful of salt and add penne.
Boil penne for 5 to 6 minutes or until al dente, stirring occasionally.
Drain penne into a colander and set aside.
Place a large skillet over medium heat and add I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter® Spread.
Once skillet is hot and spread has melted add shallots, garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Add tomatoes and vodka and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Reduce heat to simmer and stir in cream and Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
Remove from heat, add penne and toss together until fully coated.
Top with more Parmesan, crushed pepper flakes and fresh basil leaves. Serve.