Caramelized Onion & Fig Mini Pizzas
These sound & taste impressive, but they're really easy to make.
- Makes 16 appetizers
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 30 min
- 2 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dried Mission figs, chopped (about 5 oz.)
- 1 Tbsp. port wine (optional)
- 6 slices low fat Swiss cheese
- 2 (8-in.) prebaked pizza crusts
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Melt I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in figs and port and cook until liquid is absorbed. Arrange 3 slices cheese, torn to fit, on each pizza crust, then evenly top with onion mixture; press gently. Arrange pizzas on baking sheet and bake 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is crisp. Garnish, if desired, with thinly sliced fresh basil leaves. Cut each to pizza into 8 wedges.
TIP: Also great as a bruschetta topping! Simply toast rounds of French bread, then top with onion and fig mixture. Garnish with shredded cheese and toast until golden
Cost per recipe*: $7.70.
Cost per serving*: $1.93.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Serving Size||2 appetizers||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||2 appetizers|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||45|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||29 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin C||2 %|
|Vitamin A||4 %|