Summer Chicken & Basil Pasta
- Recipe serves: 4
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 15 min
- 1 lb. thinly sliced boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces whole grain spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper.
- Melt 2 tablespoonsI Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons Spread in same skillet over medium heat and cook garlic 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes and cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. Stir in chicken, basil and spaghetti; heat through.
- Turn into serving bowl, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
TIP: Try using 1 lb. shrimp and/or scallops instead of chicken.
Cost per recipe*: $9.87.
Cost per serving*: $2.47.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||110|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||47 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|
|Vitamin C||20 %|
|Vitamin A||30 %|