Caramelized Onion & Mushroom Frittata
Whisking I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® into eggs in this frittata recipe makes it extra fluffy.
- Recipe serves: 4
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 15 min
- 1/4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme or 1/8 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese or sharp cheddar cheese (about 3 oz.)
- Melt 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in 10-inch nonstick skillet with oven-proof handle* over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until tender. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until mushrooms are golden. Whisk eggs, remaining 2 tablespoons Spread and thyme in medium bowl. Reduce heat to low and add egg mixture.
- Lift set edges of frittata with spatula, tilting pan to allow uncooked mixture to flow to bottom. Cook until almost set. Top with cheese, then broil 2 minutes or until golden brown and eggs are set.
*To make handle oven-proof, wrap with heavy duty aluminum foil.
TIP: Substitute 1 cup egg substitute for the eggs.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||120|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin C||4 %|
|Vitamin A||20 %|