Banana Bread Truffles
- Makes 4 1/2 dozen
- Prep Time 45 min
- Cook Time 1 hr
- 3 large ripe bananas*, mashed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Coatings such as finely chopped nuts, toasted coconut and sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°. Brush 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with additional I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread; set aside.
- Combine mashed banana, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl with wooden spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until blended. Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes on wire rack; remove from pan and cool completely.
- Cut dark edges off banana bread; (set aside for snacking!) Crumble rest of loaf into large bowl. Add cream cheese and mash until blended. Roll mixture into 1-inch balls and place on wax paper lined baking sheet. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- Microwave chocolate chips, 1 cup at a time, in small microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 30 seconds or until chocolate is melted; stir until smooth. Dip balls into chocolate mixture, swirling to coat and gently shaking to remove excess chocolate. Quickly decorate with coatings if desired. Arrange on foil or waxed paper lined baking sheet and refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes.
TIP: To ripen bananas quickly, bake unpeeled bananas on baking sheet at 350°, about 15 minutes or until skins have blackened. Slice skins open and scoop out banana.
|Serving Size||Per 1 truffle||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||Per 1 truffle|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||60|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||16 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
|Vitamin A||4 %|