- Recipe serves 6 servings
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 35 min
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 3 Tbsp. I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Original Spread
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced cremini mushrooms or white mushrooms
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 1 cup 2-in. pieces asparagus
- 1/2 cup diagonally sliced snow peas
- 1/4 tsp. grated lemon peel
Heat broth in medium saucepan over high heat just to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cover.
Meanwhile, melt I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Spread in large saucepan over medium heat and cook onion, carrots and mushrooms, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until tender. Add rice and cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and cook until absorbed, stirring frequently. Stir in hot broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring frequently, until all broth is absorbed and rice is creamy, stirring in broccoli, asparagus, snow peas and lemon peel with last 1/2 cup broth. Sprinkle, if desired, with chopped fresh parsley and ground black pepper.