- Recipe serves 4 servings
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 15 min
- 4 (3/4-inch thick) bone-in pork chops or boneless pork chops
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 3/4 tsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves, divided
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 6 Tbsp. I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Original Spread
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 4 ounces chopped cremini mushrooms
- 4 ounces chopped shiitake mushroom caps
- 1 tsp. finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine, divided
Slice horizontally through each chop almost to opposite edge forming a pocket with knife parallel to cutting board. Combine flour, 1 teaspoon thyme, salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper on plate. Set aside.
Melt 2 Tablespoons I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Spread in large skillet over medium-high heat and cook shallots, stirring, until golden, about 2 minutes.
Stir in mushrooms and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until tender and golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, 1/4 teaspoon thyme and 1/8 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Stir 1/4 cup wine into skillet and cook over medium-high heat until most of the liquid evaporates. Remove from heat.
Stuff mushroom mixture into pocket in pork chops (about 1/4 cup in each). Dredge chops in flour mixture.
Melt 1 Tablespoon Spread in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook chops, turning once until golden and done, about 8 minutes. Remove from pan.
Pour remaining 3/4 cup wine and 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme into skillet and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook, scraping bottom of skillet, until reduced by about half. Remove from heat and stir in remining 3 Tablespoons Spread. Season, if desired.
Spoon over pork chops. (If desired, first cut meat away from bones then slice. Arrange on serving plates and drizzle with sauce.)