Yellow Layer Cake With Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- Recipe serves: 16
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 45 min
- For CAKE, preheat oven to 350°. Line bottoms of two 8-inch round cake pans with parchment or waxed paper, then grease and flour bottoms and sides of pans; set aside.
- Combine flour and baking powder in medium bowl with wire whisk; set aside.
- Beat granulated sugar with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in large bowl with electric mixer, scraping sides occasionally, until light and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and beat until blended. Beat in milk and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture and beat just blended. Evenly spread batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on wire racks. Remove from pans; remove parchment paper and cool completely.
- For FROSTING, Beat I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in medium bowl with electric mixer until light and creamy, about 1 minute. Gradually add confectioners sugar and beat on low speed until blended. Add vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- Place 1 cake layer on plate. Spread top with 3/4 cup of the frosting. Top with remaining cake layer and frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting.
|Serving Size||1 serving||Servings Per Container||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||140|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||86 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
|Vitamin A||25 %|