- Recipe serves 15 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup sparkling water (plus 2-3 tablespoons, as needed)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 large zucchini (about 8 ounce), shredded and as much liquid squeezed out of them
- 1 large yellow squash (about 8 bounce), shredded and as much liquid squeezed out of them
- 1/2 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
- 4 tbsp I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Original Spread
Influencer: Spoon Fork Bacon
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cheese, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
In a glass measuring cup, whisk together 1/2 cup sparkling water and eggs. Pour egg
mixture into flour mixture and whisk together until a thick batter forms.
Fold in zucchini, squash, onion, and chives until fully incorporated (Batter should be
thick, but if mixture seems dry, add more sparkling water, 1 tablespoon at a time).
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Original Spread
Once spread has melted, drop tablespoon sized amounts of batter into the skillet, about
1 1/2 inches apart.
Fry each fritter for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from heat
and transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
Add remaining I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Original Spread to skillet and repeat steps 5 and 6
with remaining batter.
Transfer fritters to a serving platter and top with a sprinkle of chives. Serve.