- Recipe serves 12 servings
- Prep Time 25 min
- Cook Time 1 hr 5 min
- Chill Time 2 hr
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® All Purpose Sticks
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp. sherry (optional)
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 cups assorted fresh fruit such as raspberries, blueberries, sliced peaches or your favorite fruit
- 2 cups prepared vanilla pudding
- 4 Tbsp. sliced almonds, toasted if desired
- 1 cup whipped cream or whipped topping
Preheat oven to 325°. Grease 9 x 5-inch loaf pan; set aside.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
Beat I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® All Purpose Sticks with sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, scraping sides occasionally. Stir in vanilla. Reduce speed to low and beat in flour mixture just until blended. Evenly spoon into prepared pan.
Bake 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out completely clean. If cake starts to brown, cover loosely with aluminum foil. Let cool 15 minutes on wire rack; remove from pan and cool completely. Cut cake into cubes.
Arrange 1/3 of the cubed cake in trifle or glass bowl; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sherry, then spoon on 1/2 of the jam. Add 1 cup raspberries, 1 cup pudding, then 2 tablespoons almonds. Repeat layers, except for almonds. Chill several hours or overnight. Just before serving, top with whipped cream and sprinkle with remaining almonds.