- Recipe serves 10 servings
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 40 min
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted and skins removed (about 5 oz.)*
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Original Spread
- 12 squares (1 oz. ea.) semi-sweet chocolate
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup espresso coffee
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, heated to boiling
Preheat oven to 325°. Grease 9-inch deep cake pan or springform pan and line bottom with parchment or waxed paper; set aside.
Process hazelnuts with 1/4 cup sugar in food processor or blender until nuts are finely ground; set aside.
Melt I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Spread with 10 squares chocolate in top of double boiler over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth; set aside and let cool.
Beat eggs with remaining 1/2 cup sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until thick and pale yellow, about 4 minutes. Beat in chocolate mixture and espresso. Stir in flour and hazelnut mixture. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool 10 minutes on wire rack; remove from pan and cool completely.
Pour hot cream over remaining 2 squares chocolate, chopped, in small bowl. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Pour chocolate mixture over torte to glaze. Let stand at room temperature or refrigerate until chocolate mixture is set, about 50 minutes.