- Recipe serves 10 servings
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 45 min
- 2 Tbsp. I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Original Spread
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 3 Bosc pears, peeled, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. fresh thyme leaves or 1/8 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed, (optional)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Original Spread
Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 9-inch cake pan with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
Cook 2 tablespoons I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Spread, honey and lemon juice in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 4 minutes or until dark golden brown. Add pears and thyme and cook, stirring frequently, 7 minutes or until pears are golden and coated with sauce. Turn into prepared cake pan; set aside.
Combine sugar with lemon peel with wire whisk in medium bowl. Whisk in eggs, then flour just until combined. Whisk melted I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Spread into flour mixture, then pour over pears.
Bake 35 minutes or until top of cake is golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes on wire rack. Run knife around edge of cake to loosen. Invert cake onto serving plate.