- Recipe serves 8 servings
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 30 min
- 1/2 cup I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® It’s Vegan
- 1 medium leek, (white and light green part only), thinly sliced, (about 1 cup) (or 1 medium onion, sliced)
- 2 small cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 lbs. all-purpose potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 8 cups low-sodium vegetable broth or water
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups torn baby spinach leaves
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
Melt I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® It’s Vegan in large saucepan over medium-high heat and cook leeks, stirring occasionally, until leeks begin to soften, about 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Stir in potatoes, broth and salt bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and cook covered, stirring occasionally , until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
Process in blender in 2 batches until smooth. Stir in spinach and thyme. Season, if desired, with salt and pepper.