- Recipe serves 2 servings
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 25 min
- 8 Tbsp. I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Original Spread
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, ribs removed
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 small red and/or yellow bell peppers, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh crab meat or frozen or canned crab meat
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh oregano or 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground white pepper
- Pinch ground red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots or onions
- 1 cup heavy cream or whipping cream
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp. grated orange peel (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°.
Melt 2 tablespoons I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Spread in 12-inch skillet over medium heat and cook mushrooms with Worcestershire sauce 4 minutes, turning once. Remove mushrooms and arrange on baking sheet.
Melt 2 tablespoons Spread in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook red peppers, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until almost tender. Stir in crab meat, oregano, salt and white and red pepper. Evenly spoon crab mixture into mushrooms. Bake 10 minutes or until heated through.
Meanwhile, melt remaining 4 tablespoons Spread in 10-inch skillet over medium heat and cook shallots, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until lightly golden. Stir in cream, wine, orange juice and orange peel. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and continue boiling, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens, about 3 minutes; strain. Evenly pour sauce onto plates and arrange mushrooms on sauce to serve.